Each employer must decide if vaccine incentives are right for their team. Many large companies, ranging from Trader Joe’s to Instacart, have already jumped on board, according to Forbes. Vaccine distribution has expanded with three approved options. Appointments have become easier to schedule. A vaccinated workforce is now in the foreseeable future. If you decide to navigate vaccine incentives with Gift Cards, look to eGifter Rewards. You’ll find a fast and effective way to execute your plan.
There are many benefits to a vaccinated workforce. The CDC cites reduced absences due to illness, improved productivity and improved morale. For many employees, vaccinations are non-negotiable. Moreover, a recent Glassdoor survey found 70% of employees feel a vaccine mandate should be implemented before returning to the office. Incentives and rewards can be a welcome alternative to a mandate. The survey also found 7 out of 10 employees are actually looking for incentives for their vaccine.
Ideas You Can Use Right Now
- Uber Gift Cards for a safe way to get to a vaccination site
- DoorDash Gift Cards for a celebratory meal after the vaccination
- To avoid pressuring employees or making those who can’t get a vaccine feel excluded, you can offer the eGifter Wellness Choice Card to encourage healthy lifestyles for all, with or without a vaccine.
Other Incentive Ideas from Around the Country
These stellar ideas were compiled by Bloomberg Law:
- Tennessee-based Dollar General Corp. ( over 140,000 employees), offers “frontline hourly team members” 4 hours pay.
- Colorado-based meat processor JBS USA offers $100 bonuses to its nearly 66,000 U.S. workers.
- Oklahoma-based Love’s Travel Stops & Country Stores offers $75 to its 29,000 employees.
- Illinois-based grocery chain Aldi (workforce over 25,000) offers two hours pay for each dose an hourly worker receives.
Vaccine incentives with gift cards aren’t limited to employees, either. Office and residential building owners can incentivize tenants to get vaccinated. Community centers and houses of worship can incentivize their communities. Professional associations can incentivize their members. As the post-pandemic “new normal” emerges, gift card incentives remain tried and true.