The first Labor Day in the U.S. was observed in 1882 in NYC. It honored the American worker and union labor movement during the height of the Industrial Revolution when employee appreciation was just beginning to take hold. At the time, the average American worker could barely eke out a living at 12 hour days, 7 days a week. Today, we hold parades and festivities to stay present to the original sentiment, employee appreciation and pride. Firstly, your business success depends on a sustainable workplace. Secondly, there’s a clear link between employee appreciation and employee retention, a solid recognition strategy is imperative. With Labor Day’s annual predictability, you can count on at least ONE time of year to thank your staff sincerely. Gift card rewards are always the easiest and most preferred option for employee appreciation.
Labor Day, the first Monday in September, was a creation by the labor movement dedicated to the achievements of American workers. It constitutes a yearly national tribute to the contributions workers have made to the strength, prosperity, and well-being of our country. – U.S. Department of Labor
Gallup Poll Surfaces Insights About Employee Appreciation
Gallup’s data reveal that the most effective employee recognition is honest, authentic and individualized. Acknowledging employees’ best work can be a low-cost endeavor — including personal note or thank you card. The key is to make it meaningful and memorable for the employee, and to carefully designate“who” is doing the recognizing. When an employee is recognized by the CEO or a Senior Executive, it is often a career highlight.
eGifter Rewards: Platform to serve it up.
- Low cost endeavor: Gift card denominations start from $5
- Personalized Messaging: Every giftcard sent includes a custom, personalized note — created quickly and easily
- Send from C-Level Executive: Enter the sender name of your choice
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee: If you know their lifestyle, demographic or preference, choose from a huge selection of 300+ brands. Or, opt for the sure thing by giving the eGifter Rewards Choice Card and let them exchange it for the brand they love most. No returns, no lines, no disappointment.
- Simple to Administer and Track: From a private, secure portal accessed by staff varying roles and permission levels, administrators company-wide can purchases gift cards in bulk and send to employees and staff now, or later.
In our experience, you’ll come to realize that a culture of gratitude, appreciation and kindness builds the satisfied and productive workforce you need to grow.