Today’s demanding times require a new kind of perseverance among consumers, business owners and workers that may well define our future. Business owners that develop alternative strategies and invent innovative ways to maximize resources and pivot toward today’s emerging demands will clearly have the edge. And more than ever, it is imperative that employees and staff remain motivated, engaged, and healthy, both physically and emotionally. For local, state and national economies, the COVID-19 healthcare crisis has required urgent steps to contain the spread of arguably the most contagious health threat this world has ever seen. What’s more, every industry is affected: Manufacturing, Retail, Wholesale, Service, Energy, Construction, Consumer Packaged Goods, Technology, Finance, Automotive, Education, Real Estate and of course, Healthcare. Likewise, every department leader and staff member is valiantly stepping forward, from Facility Directors, Human Resource Managers, Customer Support Supervisors, Marketing Managers, Sales and Business Development Executives — to the direct reports that depend on them. Because the eGifter Rewards team’s expertise lies in corporate sales and bulk purchases of gift cards along with digital and plastic gift card support, we can offer a unique set of tips to keep teams engaged, productive and improve employee motivation.
Employee Motivation is a Lynchpin in Today’s Trying Times
Studies Show Gift Cards Motivate Workers More Effectively Than Cash
Based on a study conducted by BYU, the research team at HRDive.com reported that the level of employee stress on American workers caused 25% of survey respondents to say that they will burn out within the next year if they continue along the current stress path. The same study looked for ways to encourage wellness driven behavior among employees. Of the people that opted into the wellness challenge and selected gift card rewards versus other reward currencies, 25% were more likely to successfully complete the challenge and thus benefit from the wellness activities.
Similarly, a study conducted by ScienceDirect.com with a focus on employee wellness explored motivation and productivity in relation to health challenges, rewards and successful outcomes. They found that even though employees selected cash rewards more than twice as often as gift cards, participants that chose gift cards had the greatest level of program success.
Employee Health and Wellness: A Mandate for Personal and Business Success
Your employees are struggling with challenges posed by real health and safety threats. That, combined with the need to work harder and smarter than ever, both on-site and remotely, is applying severe stress to employees and their families. The healthier and stronger they are, the better off you’ll be. Here are a few ways you can improve employee motivation.
Stay Positive and Connected
- Schedule a daily check-in with your team where everyone can deliver a quick and simple briefing on what occurred during their shift.
- At the end of each report, give workers the opportunity to share with the team a positive moment of their day, either personal or professional.
- Taking a beat to say (and hear) ‘what’s good’ offers a moment of levity and positivity that can give a lift to everyone. You may see a surprisingly strong a halo effect that carries through to the rest of their day both at work and at home.
- Ask your staff and colleagues what you and your team can do for them, both now and in the future.
- An easy way to keep employees working powerfully and productively is to support them through recognition.
- For remote workers, recognition demonstrates that you care about their work and wellbeing, even though you can’t see their every move or action.
- For workers who are physically showing up on-site, recognition demonstrates that you appreciate their commitment to the business, which could not run without them.
- For any motivation, recognition and appreciation situation, sending a gift card for essentials like food and groceries, pharmacy and home goods, or home repair items can make a world of difference.
- The positive regard, loyalty and commitment from employees who are recognized with gift cards will be well worth it, both in the short and long term.
- Evaluate and invest in easy, cost-efficient and cross organizational business automation tools like the eGifter Rewards gift card platform .
What opportunity might this temporary work/life situation offer? It can benefit us all to shift our thinking from complacency mode to perseverance mode. Many ambitious leaders and workers have dreamed of a time when they could be called upon to step forward powerfully, creatively and empathetically. The time is now, and the place is everywhere-you-are.
#operationmainstreet #giftcardrewards #inthistogether #employeemotivation